Dr. John Westerdahl is a Nutrigenomix Nutritionist. He is now offering an exciting new nutritional counseling service called Nutrigenomix. It is a simple genetic test using a sample of your saliva or cheek swab, that will allow for personalized nutrition recommendations that are based on your DNA! Learn more about Nutrigenomix on this page and watch the videos below. Call Dr. Westerdahl at (805) 722-7958 or complete our Contact Form to make an appointment.
Eat according to your genes Watch these two videos to learn more
* Comprehensive genetic test consisting of 70 genetic markers.
* Test developed by world-renowned researchers.
* Genetic tests are based on the most robust scientific evidence.
* DNA is analyzed using a saliva sample or cheek swab
* Personalized nutrition recommendations developed based on your unique genetic profile.
* Online Validated Dietary Assessment
* Receive both a digital and printed comprehensive Nutrigenomix Personalized Nutrition & Fitness Report based on your individual genetic profile.
* Choose one of five different specialized Nutrigenomix reports that best reflects your personal nutrition interest and focus – 5 specialty areas to choose from (select one of the special report formats you desire):
1. Plant-Based Nutrition - Vegan Friendly (recommended by Dr. Westerdahl for optimal nutrition, lifestyle medicine, anti-aging, and longevity)
2. Nutrition for General Health and Wellness
3. Sports Nutrition and Performance (ideal for the serious athlete)
4. Nutrition and Fertility (a good choice for both husband and wife planning on starting a family)
5. Nutrition for Skin Health (for those desiring specific genetic nutrition analyses regarding skin health and dermatology issues).
* 30 – 50-minute personal Nutrigenomix Counseling Session with Dr. Westerdahl by phone or through internet videoconferencing (utilizing ZOOM).
(Genetic Test for Optimal Nutrition, Lifestyle Medicine, Anti-Ageing, Longevity and those on Vegan and Vegetarian Diets)
(Genetic Test to Optimize Performance)
Download Nutrigenomix Sports Nutrition and Performance Brochure
(Genetic Testing for Personalized Nutrition for Fertility)
(Genetic Testing for Personalized Nutrition for Skin Health)
Download Nutrigenomix Nutrition for Skin Health Brochure
After you pre-purchase (To make a payment, go to the website STORE tab and continue to the Get Healthy Store) your Nutrigenomix Genetic Testing for Personalized Nutrition testing kit, lab analysis, evaluation with digital and printed reports, validated dietary assessment, and personal counseling session, call Dr. Westerdahl at (805) 722-7958 or complete our Contact Form to request a call back to schedule your Nutrigenomix appointment. At that time, you can also let Dr. Westerdahl know the format you desire for your Nutritigenomix report (choose one of the following specialized reports):
1. Plant-Based Nutrition, Vegan Friendly
2. Nutrition for General Health and Wellness
3. Sports Nutrition and Performance
4. Nutrition and Fertility
5. Nutrition for Skin Health
1. Once payment for your NUTRIGENOMIX service is paid for, Dr. Westerdahl will have a NUTRIGENOMIX Test Kit sent to your address. (To make a payment, go to the website STORE tab and continue to the Get Healthy Store)
2. Once you receive the test kit, you will receive complete, simple instructions on how to self-collect a sample of your DNA by either saliva or by a cheek swab.
3. Once you collect your sample, you will place the sample in the secure, pre-postpaid and address labeled envelope provided to you, and send directly to the Dr. Westerdahl’s NUTRIGENOMIX laboratory. Please send your sample to the NUTRIGENOMIX laboratory within a day or two after you collect your DNA sample.
4. Once the lab has completed the genetic testing of your sample, Dr. Westerdahl will have a digital and printed report sent directly to you (usually within 2-3 weeks after the lab receives your sample).
5. Once you receive your reports, please review them carefully, write out questions you may have for Dr. Westerdahl regarding them.
6. Dr. Westerdahl will contact you to schedule a 30-50-minute personal consultation appointment (via either phone or ZOOM Videoconference) to review your report results and give you his dietary and nutritional recommendations. Dr. Westerdahl will also arrange for you to complete an Online Validated Dietary Assessment prior to your appointment with him.
NOTE: DUE TO COVID-19, DR. WESTERDAHL IS NOT CURRENTLY DOING IN-PERSON OFFICE VISITS. ALL PERSONAL CONSULTATIONS (Nutrition, Lifestyle Medicine, Longevity & Anti-Ageing Counseling, Nutrigenomix Sessions) ARE CONDUCTED BY TELEPHONE, EMAIL, AND VIDEO CONFERENCING THROUGH THE INTERNET (utilizing ZOOM). DUE TO DR. WESTERDAHL’S SCHEDULE, HE CAN ONLY ACCOMMODATE A LIMITED NUMBER OF PATIENTS.
DR. WESTERDAHL DOES NOT TAKE MEDICAL INSURANCE FOR THIS SERVICE.